Last night the moon shone through my window and kept me awake with its big fat fullness.
This morning the air was biting fresh and crisp as a chilled cucumber.
Now I see an azure sky dotted with a handful of puffy cumulus clouds.
It’s one of those days that makes you feel happy to be alive.
Today, I’m especially grateful for:
- The hummingbirds that continue to visit the feeder a few feet away from where I sit, and the memory of the amazing hummer feeding frenzy I witnessed in 2012 on Mom’s back deck.
- The waxwings I spotted in the cedar tree at the front yesterday.
- One birdie and several pars on the golf course yesterday. Yay me!
- Reconnecting with my friend Pammy on the phone and being the beneficiary of her sage counsel as well as her affirmative feedback.
- The full moon that shone through my window last night – Ahhhhooooo!
- The good sleep I had between 05:00 and 08:30 after not having slept from 02:00 and 05:00 (see full moon above)
- The prospect of autumn colours and sunsets of which I have a stunning view from my office/solarium; I captured the one above a few evenings ago.
- Alzheimer’s disease for the journey which has produced so much unconditional love, compassion and healing for me (among other things!)
- My brave Mom, her fierce love of life and her will to “keep going.“
- The gift of being able to express and share the challenges and joys so many others also experience with this disease.